- Today is Friday and Cherise of Diabetic Iz Me has come up with the great idea of Blue Fridays. Every Friday in November let’s wear our blue loud and proud to raise awareness of World Diabetes Day and diabetes in general. Better yet, snap a picture of yourself dressed in blue and post it to your blog or tweet it with the #wddbluefridays hash-tag!
- If you live near Bethesda, Maryland, you might be interested in attending the Diabetes Research & Wellness Foundation’s Diabetes Transplant Summit taking place this Thursday, November 11th. You’ll hear from leading researchers and surgeons in the islet transplant field. You’ll also hear from patients who have already received islet transplants. You can find a press release, event flyer and registration information on the Event Information Page.
- Do you shop at Acme®, Albertsons®, Cub Foods®, Farm Fresh®, Jewel-Osco®, Shaw’s/Star Market™, Shop ‘n Save®, or Shoppers Food & Pharmacy®? If so, you might be interested in a new program the SUPERVALU family of grocery stores has launched. It’s called “Living Healthy with My Diabetes”. From November 7th - 20th special services such as free blood glucose screenings, reduced cost A1C, cholesterol and liver screening, and coupon booklets will be offered. Other on-going programs such as diabetes-friendly menu planning and in-store diabetes education and monitoring will be offered. For more information, simply visit the customer service desk of your favorite SUPERVALU store for a list of specifics on what your store is offering.
- And don’t forget to start thinking of the six things you want people to know about diabetes for Diabetes Blog Day (#dblogday) on Tuesday.
- Oh, and also remember view the Big Blue Test video! And make your donation to DRI and Be Part of the CURE!!
What is Diabetes Blog Week? Click here for an explanation and to sign up.
You can also check out the topics over here and you can find a list of participants over here. And don't forget to check out the DBlogWeek Facebook page here.
Friday, November 5, 2010
What are Bitter~Sweet Chips? Well, they are some tasty morsels for you to enjoy! Seriously, there is a lot going on the in the D-OC these days. And more and more great info is finding it’s way into my email in-box. So Bitter~Sweet Chips will be my place to share these tasty morsels with you on an ongoing basis. It may become a weekly feature, or it may just be a once in a while thing, depending on what is going on in the world of diabetes. So settle in and enjoy these yummy tidbits . . . .