When Lee Ann from The Butter Compartment posted this MeMe last week, I knew I had to grab it. It's supposed to be for those of us who are now adults. Or at least, out of our teenage years - because I don't ever plan to fully become an "adult". *grin*
1. What bill do you hate paying the most?
That's a tough one. But I think it's the taxes I have to pay twice a year to my town for Sewer Usage and for owning my car. We pay plenty of property tax to my town - I don't understand why I have to pay extra to flush my toilet and park my car in my own driveway.
2. Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner?
On the cruse!! Not only was it our anniversary, but we were lucky enough to get assigned to a private table for two. So we had romantic dinners every night!
3. What do you really want to be doing right now?
4. How many colleges did you attend?
Just one. Bentley College (now Bentley University) in Waltham, Massachusetts.
5. Why did you choose the shirt that you have on right now?
Right now I'm wearing a little cotton work-out shirt I bought at Target. Honestly, I chose it because it was the least expensive of their work-out cloths. It's also comfy and cute though!!
6. What are your thoughts on gas prices?
They are way too high. They probably won't ever go down. There has to be a better way to power our cars..
7. First thought when the alarm went off this morning?
How much longer can I sleep and still have enough time to feed K.C. and pack Pete's lunch before I have to drive him to the train station.
8. Last thought before going to sleep last night?
I hope my blood sugar behaves. And if it doesn't, I hope my CGM catches it.
9. Do you miss being a child?
Sometimes, sure. Don't we all?
10. What errand/chore do you despise?
Grocery shopping. It probably wouldn't be so bad if other shoppers weren't so rude. Or stupid.
11. Get up early or sleep in?
I'd love to sleep in, but I usually wake up early and can't go back to sleep.
12. Have you found real love yet?
13. Favorite lunch meat?
Boar's Head Buffalo Chicken Breast.
14. What do you get every time you go into Wal-Mart?
The Wal-Mart in our town is pretty icky. I go to Target. I always buy Archer Farm's Pepperoni Pizza for our Pizza and Martini Fridays.
15. Beach or lake?
Probably a lake. Or a beach in the Caribbean.
16. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?
No, I don't. But I think it's a personal choice. There is nothing wrong with just living together if that works for you. I also see no reason why same sex couples shouldn't be allowed to marry.
17. Sopranos or Desperate Housewives?
Although I've never seen the Sopranos, I'm willing to bet I'd like it better than Desperate Housewives. I love anything Mafia related. I really should put The Sopranos in my NetFlix queue.
18. What famous person would you like to have dinner with?
I know I should be all deep and go for a world leader or something. But I'll be shallow and say Sting. It's not just his hotness though. He's also intelligent, writes some awesome lyrics and supports some excellent causes. Okay, and he's really hot too.
19. Have you ever crashed your vehicle?
Nope. Please don't let that answer jinx me.
20. Ever use a fire extinguisher for its intended purpose?
No. I've never used a fire extinguisher for an unintended purpose either.
21. Ring tone?
I just picked one that came pre-loaded in my iPhone. I do have a different one assigned to Pete's calls. It's "Sci-Fi".
22. Strangest place you have ever brushed your teeth?
I don't think I've ever brushed my teeth in a strange place.
23. Somewhere in California you’ve never been and would like to go?
I'd love to see San Francisco. Also, my brother lived in Half Moon Bay for a while and he said it was gorgeous, so I'd like to go there.
23. Do you go to church?
Only for weddings and funerals.
24. At this point in your life would you rather start a new career or a new relationship?
Definitely a new career.
25. How old are you?
Ugh, 41. But I don't feel like I'm that old.
26. Do you have a go-to person?
I have several!! Pete. My best friend Heidi. My parents. You can never have too much support.
27. Are you where you want to be in life?
Yes and no. I'm happily married and we have a house that I love. But there are still so many areas of my life that are not where I want them to be.
28. Growing up, what were your favorite cartoons?
I think The Jetsons was my favorite. I liked The Flintstones and Under Dog too.
29. What about you do you think has changed the most?
I'd like to say I'm less shy than I was when I was younger. But maybe it's just that I hide it better.
30. Looking back at high school were they the best years of your life?
Most certainly not. They could have been worse, but they also could have been better.
31. Are there times you still feel like a kid?
Oh yes, a lot. Usually when I'm being silly with my husband.
32. Did you ever own troll dolls?
I did. In the '70s my very first best friend and I used to walk to a gift shop down the block and buy them.
33. Did you have a pager?
Nope, never did.
34. Where was the hang out spot when you were a teenager?
In high school, everyone used to drive up and down Route 1. Don't ask me why, but it was the thing to do on weekend nights.
35. Were you the type of kid you would want your children to hang out with?
I guess so. I was definitely a "follow the rules" kind of kid who never got in trouble.