The Honest Scrap award comes with a caveat or two. Firstly you have to tell your readers 10 things about you think they may not know, but that are true. Secondly you have to tag 10 people with the award.
Wow, ten things about me. This is going to be hard. Okay, here we go.
- I'm very shy. You might not be able to tell that from my on-line activity, but that is because I find it much easier to write than to talk to people face to face. I was even worse when I was younger. I was the kid in school who almost always knew the answer, but never raised my hand because I hated talking in class. Even now, I get really, really nervous in group situations. Meet-ups cause me a lot of stress in the days leading up to them - even though I always have fun once I get there
- I have way too much yarn. I know that's not a surprise for most of you. Right now, in my house, there are 117,795 yards (or 66.92 miles) of yarn in my stash. Of that yarn, 49,015 yards (or 27.85 miles) of it is sock yarn. I know this because each skein is painstakingly entered into an Excel spreadsheet I devised, complete with columns that total my yarn up for me and a graph that shows how my stash grows and shrinks each month. Although it almost always grows and almost never shrinks.
- I still think I don't have enough yarn. When Christmas and my birthday rolls around, my favorite gifts are the gifts of yarn.
- I get very addicted to anything to do with the computer. Right now, I have 244 feeds in my Google Reader. I used to spend a lot of time on Ravelry, but lately I'm on Twitter and FaceBook more. I have a fake job at a fictional on-line paper company. And Yahoo games (especially this one) has kept me from getting house-work done on more than one occasion.
- Even with the computer addiction, I've been feeling some sort of computer burn-out lately. I can't find inspiration to post. I haven't been reading or commenting on blogs like I used to. My e-mail is sadly neglected. Although I think I'm starting to get my blog-mojo back again. I guess we all just need a break sometimes.
- I'm not really sure, but I may be in the midst of a mid-life crisis. All that "40 is the new 30" stuff is a crock. 40 feels really old, and don't let anyone tell you any different. Especially when you are trying to decide on a new career path.
- I believe in things we don't really understand. Like ghosts and guardian angels. And that there is more to our dreams than most people believe. I think there are a lot of psychics out there who are fakes, but I also believe there are real psychics who have a gift. I also believe that twins have a special connection. In fact, I've seen it with my father and his twin brother. And I find it very fascinating.
- I am extremely accident prone. At any given time, I can find random cuts and bruises on my body and have no recollection of where they came from. In fact, I just found a cut on my hand now, which prompted me to write this.
- I am the worlds most terrible speller. When computers began having the spell check feature, I found out that I was an even worse speller than I thought. I was surprised at how many words I was spelling completely wrong. In college, my best friend used to threaten to send my letters back with the spelling mistakes highlighted.
- I like to do Memes and don't mind being tagged, but I hate to tag others with them. I always think everyone else will think they are silly. They have more exciting things to do in life than memes. And they will get annoyed at me for tagging them.