Don't get me wrong . . . my mood is just fine. It's my blood sugars that are down. Really down. (Well, actually no . . . not really down . . . just kind of down.)
The weird thing is, things have been pretty level for the past few weeks. But now, suddenly, lots of lows. The details:
- 56 - before dinner yesterday. Ate 14g "fast acting carbs (yum)" , then bolused for and ate dinner.
- 51 - 2 hours after dinner. Ate another 14g of carbs, then had a big spoonful of frosting. Then, although I knew I was over-treating, I ate three cookies. Yup, it was one of those lows where I couldn't stop eating. I decided to bolus enough to almost cover the cookies, so I wouldn't spike too high.
- 139 - 1 hour later and before bed. Seemed good, but I set my alarm for 3am in case I was still spiking up.
- 2ish am - while half asleep, decided I was fine (didn't feel thirsty and didn't have to pee), so I shut off the alarm. Had I been fully awake, I would have tested anyway, regardless of how I felt.
- 58 - fasting sugar this morning (I was shocked that it was so low). My Bolus Wizard and I agreed that skipping the normal .7 unit bolus I take to cover my coffee would work just fine.
- 94 - Yes!!! In the good range before breakfast. Ate my usual 1/2 cup Fiber One and 1/2 banana and took .1 unit less than my usual bolus.
- 97 - 2 hours after breakfast. That's a bit low after only two hours, with insulin still on board. I had a snack and only bolused for half the carbs.
- 52 - before lunch. What the heck!!!! Good thing I didn't spend the morning cleaning the house like I had planned!!
- 143 - 2 hours after lunch. That's more on target for an after-meal reading.