Now I will admit, given the chance I would opt out of diabetes in a minute. But since that isn’t about to happen any time soon, I’m so thankful I have this blog to help me connect with other fabulous PWDs and share all my ups and downs. With that in mind, here are eight wonderful things that probably wouldn’t have happened if not for my blog . . . .
- Becoming an Educated (and thus, Healthier) Patient.
- Becoming an Advocate and going to The Hill.
- Doing Art for a Book Cover.
- Coordinating Diabetes Blog Week seven times over!!
- Finding Local Support. Actually, my local support group has expanded quite a bit in 8 years but still contains two very treasured friends from that very first dinner. (Even though one friend is now Not-Quite-As-Local-but-Local-Enough. ie: an easy under 2 hour car ride.)
- Becoming a PODS Leader.
- Learning about and Attending Patient Conferences!!
- Meeting so many Awesome PWDs who are Family to Me. And yes, that collage is more than 4 years out of date, and would be so much bigger now!
Thank you to everyone who had read or commented or tweeted or befriended me in the past eight years. My world is a much better place because of you.