Wednesday, April 9, 2014
After inserting a new sensor yesterday I began getting “Sensor Error” messages during the warm-up period. I called the HelpLine, who went over insertion techniques and did a bit more trouble-shooting, and we decided to give the sensor some more time to see if it worked itself out. I was later able to start and calibrate it and it worked fine . . . . . for a few hours, until the Sensor Errors started up again. I decided to pull it this morning and saw the problem immediately. The sensor cannula was crumpled up under my skin (left picture) and even after stretching it out you can see it was completely kinked (right picture). But I’m glad to say the new sensor I put in this morning is faring much better!
** My Medtronic disclosure can be found here. **