- How would you like to spiff up your Spring wardrobe, save some cash, and donate to a worthy cause all at once? Check out the JDRF and Gap Inc.'s Give and Get event. From March 17th - 20th you can save 30% at The Gap, Old Navy and Banana Republic - and 5% of your purchase goes to JDRF. Click here to get your shopping pass!
- In late September, the United Nations High-Level Summit on Non-Communicable Diseases will be held in New York. In preparation, the International Diabetes Federation has began an electronic signature campaign to gather support for essential care for all people with diabetes. You can help by clicking over to http://www.idf.org/I-agree to add your e-signature and learn more about how to promote the campaign and get involved.
- The 2011 Diabetes Mine Design Challenge has been announced! You have until April 29th to submit your idea for something that will improve life with diabetes. I always love seeing what the brilliant minds out there come up with and I can’t wait to see this year’s entries!
- I’ll be posting more about this soon, but if you are in or near Fairfield County, CT be sure mark your calendars for the first JDRF Fld County Chapter Type 1 Adult Outreach Event. Join us on April 28th for some beverages, snacks and chatting! Click here for more details.
- Have you taken a look at the #DSMA March blog carnival topic, Exercise Does A Body Good? You have two weeks left to share your favorite exercises and what keeps you motivated. Or share the most difficult part of exercising and what your favorite and least favorite exercises are. Don’t forget to leave us a link to you blog post in the comments section!
Friday, March 18, 2011
Today I’m sharing a few tasty morsels that have recently made their way into my in-box!