- Do you use Apidra brand insulin? Or are you considering giving it a try and looking to hear from others who already use it? Well Lorraine of This Is Caleb has created a fabulous Apidra Linky List. Here Apidra users can link blog posts they’ve written about Apidra, and those seeking info can find just what they need. Visit Lorraine’s Apidra Linky post to learn all of the details.
- Are you looking to take your diabetes management to the next level in 2011? You might consider attending Type-1 Diabetes University, an on-line school offering live and pre-recorded classes that go beyond just the basics. T1 University founder Gary Scheiner MS, CDE, explains “This is nothing like a basic diabetes education class. These courses are for insulin users who want focused, expert information on specific topics that are relevant to their daily lives.” There are quite a few courses listed already that will start on January 4th, with plans for more to be added over time. I may check out Blood Glucose Control During Sports & Exercise or Weight Loss for Insulin Users myself.
- How about ending the year right by supporting some great diabetes organizations?
- TuDiabetes and Diabetes Hands Foundation, who have done great things in 2010 including The Big Blue Test, need help reaching their end of the year goal. Donate before we ring in 2011 and you’ll be eligible for some nifty thank-you gifties. (I’d like to thank WEGO Health for a panel opportunity I was able to participate it, which resulted in a donation to DHF made on my behalf.)
- Diabetes Research Institute is wrapping up their Be Part of the Cure campaign, which I posted about earlier in the year. It’s so exciting to see how much the collage has filled in over the past two months. There are still a few spots left, so be sure to make your donation and upload your picture before we bid adieu to 2010!
- Have you heard about the Children with Diabetes Friends for Life conferences held each year? You do know that in 2011 there will also be a bunch of sessions that are geared specifically to adults with Type 1 diabetes, right? And you’ve seen the list of 2011 FFL Faculty? It sounds like it’s going to be a wonderful event and I’m all signed up and counting down the days!! If you are thinking of going too, remember that early registration (with a bit of a discount) ends tomorrow. Check out all the details and let me know if I’ll be seeing you there!
- In case you missed it yesterday, I was honored to do a guest post for Kerri over at Six Until Me. Click on over if you want to find out why I always carry glucose tablets.
- I want to say a big thank you for the wonderful responses to my Wish List post, both in the comments section and by email. Seeing the enthusiasm is very encouraging and there are so many great suggestions I never would have thought of. We’re compiling a list for our next meeting, so if you haven’t left your ideas please do. We appreciate your help as we work to gets this local T1 Adult Outreach Group up and running!
Thursday, December 30, 2010
Before we bid a fond farewell to 2010 and head off into 2011, here are some fresh tasty morsels you shouldn’t miss . . .