That's right. Twenty days until Christmas. Holy crap, I am so not going to be ready. But instead of shopping, decking, baking, wrapping and knitting, what am I doing? Blogging! Blogging the fun Christmas Meme that's been making the rounds. I love filling them out almost as much as I love reading them on everyone's blogs
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both. I like the look of wrapped gifts better. But for the odd sized, hard to wrap presents, I'll cave and throw it in a gift bag.
2. Real tree or artificial? REAL!! My dad is allergic to pine, so we always had a fake one growing up and I always hated it. (I think I might be mildly allergic too, but I ignore it. I always get sick for Christmas.)
3. When do you put up the tree? I tend to do things at the last minute, so usually the week before Christmas and it's hard to find a good tree. (That's last years tree to the left, looking pretty sad.) This year we are hosting the annual Christmas party for a group of friends, so we're getting our tree this weekend!
4. When do you take the tree down? Again, the last minute. Usually the day before the town will be collecting the dead trees.
5. Do you like eggnog? Love it, but I haven't had it in years. (Have you seen the carb content in eggnog? I usually save my carbs for the cookies instead). Why doesn't anybody make a low-sugar, Splenda eggnog?
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Hmmmm, I don't know. Santa always brought me great stuff, but I don't remember an all-time favorite.
7. Hardest person to buy for? Dad.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Mom.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Nope.
10. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards? Mail. And sometimes I make them myself.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? It wasn't so much the gift, but what the gift-giver said. A co-worked handed me a box of chocolates and said "I feel really bad giving you these because I know you can't have them." Ummm, okay, then why did you pick them out for me?
12. Favorite Christmas movie? A Christmas Story. And The Year Without A Santa Claus - because I love the HeatMiser!! Oooohhh, and I know it's not a movie, but just thinking about the Schweddy Balls bit with Alec Baldwin from Saturday Night Live sends me into a fit of giggles every time. I wish I could find it on YouTube or something.
13. When do you start shopping? Mid-December when the panic sets in.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes, but only as a joke.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Christmas cookies!! We have them for breakfast on Christmas morning.
16. Lights on the tree? Lots of 'em. White and non-blinking please.
17. Favorite Christmas song? The Carol of the Bells.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We go to my parents house. They live two miles from my house, so it's not really traveling.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Sure can. Can you?
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? A star, as you can see in the picture. It's made from grapevines.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning!! I'd hate to spoil the surprise.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Long lines and rude people in the stores.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Errr, I don't know. My decorating taste leans toward old-fashioned and country inspired things.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? I love those spiral hams.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I've been yearning for a new camera ever since I saw the cool one Kelly has!